Journal - April 29th, 2009

Not the right journal entry? go back.

I decided to experiment with my song today.

I began adding percussive drums to certain parts of the song, just to establish certain drum patterns for that particular part. I plan on coming back later in order to adjust them and add them in other places as well. I also added a glockenspiel and some African singers to the piece using MIDI. Finally, I took one of the melody lines that that is played by the main guitar and placed it at the beginning of the song. I then added delay, reverb, and a cool plug-in called "Ringshift" to it in attempt to make it sound quiet and far away.

I believe that, musically, I am on the right track. However, I don't think that I should stick with some of the samples that I used. Also, the MIDI needs to be mixed together better once I do find suitable samples to use.

  • Click here to listen to this recording of Summer Love.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License